More information at above link.
Grassroots groups 350.org and 1Sky today announced they will combine under the 350.org banner and dramatically expand their work. “In light of last night’s vote, it is more important than ever to unite and train a bigger, more powerful grassroots movement capable of attacking our corporate polluter opponents and fighting for a real clean energy future. This moment is our call to action,” said Liz Butler, Campaign Director of 1Sky.
In an essay announcing the merger, McKibben and new 350.org board member, author and activist Naomi Klein, wrote, “The idea is not to supplant the Washington green groups, but instead to give the whole movement new clout—enough clout to withstand the crushing power of oil money.”
- Two of the Nation’s Biggest Climate Action Groups Unite (treehugger.com)
- Social Environmental Solutions (gaylekimball.wordpress.com)
- >350 dot org (suckonajuicebox.com)
- Notes on Climate Change Science (timesunion.com)
- The biggest barrier to climate change progress? (noimpactman.typepad.com)