She says that we know the U.S. Chamber of Commerce has been “a funnel for a lot of oil, gas, and cola money; specifically to be fighting any sort of clean energy initiatives at the state, local, and national level”.
She also mentions that European polluters have thrown a lot of money into the US election, specifically to climate change deniers.
The Hope Shot? Grassroot struggles ARE….I repeat ARE…succeeding!! This includes Native Americans saying NO MORE COAL MINING and The Environmental Justice League saying an incinerator is not a renewable option. There are also anti-fracking initiatives in the North East advocating clean water, Sierra Club has been taking on coal plants, and more!!
There are Environmental Justice issues that help to mobilize people.
- Next Step On Climate? We Have A Choice. (treehugger.com)
- Liz Butler: How big polluters bought the 2010 election (huffingtonpost.com)
- Corbin Hiar: 10/10/10 Global Work Party: How Social Media Made It Happen (huffingtonpost.com)
- Why the US doesn’t have a sane energy policy – Oct 31 (energybulletin.net)
- Obama’s climate schizophrenia (1sky.org)
- Senate climate change deniers funded by BP and other major polluters (guardian.co.uk)
- State Climate Change Plans Crafted Despite Federal Climate Bill Failure (PHOTOS) (huffingtonpost.com)
- Republicans go climate sceptic | Thomas Noyes (guardian.co.uk)