Sign up to Write for Rights: December 4-12 2010
“YOUR WORDS HAVE POWER:
They can bring FREEDOM to prisoners of conscience. They can demand JUSTICE for survivors of torture. They can offer HOPE to human rights defenders at risk.
Your words can SAVE LIVES.
Each year hundreds of thousands of people across the world mark International Human Rights Day on December 10 by taking part in Amnesty International’s Write for Rights Global Write-a-thon – the world’s largest letter writing event. We write letters to demand that the rights of individuals are respected, protected and fulfilled. In doing so, we show solidarity with those suffering human rights abuses and work to bring about real change in people’s lives.”
HOW TO GET INVOLVED:
3. Get your RESOURCES in November. Everything you need to participate in Write for Rights! will be available on this website, including case summaries, sample letters, promotional materials, and helpful tips for holding a successful Write for Rights! event. Participants will receive an email when these additional Resources become available. If you’d like hard copies of these items or have questions, email us: email@example.com.
4. WRITE and MAIL your letters. (December 4-12 are the key dates, but feel free to start earlier or later.)
5. TELL US HOW IT WENT! We want to hear from you: did you meet your letter pledge goal? Do you have great ideas on how we can make next year’s Write for Rights even better? Be sure to complete the very brief online evaluation form (available in November) or send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Burma’s sham elections | Waihnin Pwint Thon (guardian.co.uk)
- China and human rights: the biggest issues (telegraph.co.uk)