This is a safe site and it is to either Opt-In or Opt-Out of credit/insurance junk mail either electronically for 5 years or permanently by mail. It is a good way to green your mail. I know right now I receive these things I don’t want and always cringe to have to toss out: Geico, PennySaver, and other store/coupon booklets. There is usually a number in the PennySaver (or whatever your area calls it) that you can call and tell them you don’t read it.
This is a site where you can put yourself on the “Do Not Mail List”. It is a fully automated mail list remover. It costs $19.95 per year and you have the option to plant a tree with American Forests. You will successfully opt-out of catalogs, magazines, book-clubs, and non-profit mail.
- Green Your Junk Mail: Kill It (sierraclub.typepad.com)
- Putting the smackdown on old school spam (secforall.info)
- How to Stop Getting Junk Mail (tjantunen.com)
- Return to Sender: How to Nix Junk Mail (yourdailythread.com)
- How to Get Rid of Junk Mail (brighthub.com)
- Junk Mail Industry Decides To ‘Go Green’ Somehow [Marketing] (gawker.com)
- The numbers behind junk mail (e1evation.com)