Many companies are adding an antibacterial ingredient, this includes Colgates Total.
The issue of the over-use of antibacterial products causing Antibiotic Resistance comes into play here.
I did not know that I was being slipped a danger cocktail every time I brushed my teeth. I will certainly be reading up on ALL labels now.
The beauty care industry is reserved special trade secret rights to where many ingredients can be hidden behind VERY general categories so that they do not have to reveal their secret scent, or taste, etc.
It bothers me that I also found out a few years ago that the stuff put into toothpaste to whiten teeth can be hazardous to children and to adults if swallowed.
Keep up on reading your labels guys!!
- Eight Deadly Superbugs Lurking in Hospitals (dailyfinance.com)
- NDM-1, New Superbug Gene, Could Spread Worldwide, Doctors Warn (huffingtonpost.com)
- Superbug hits UK through ‘medical tourism’ (channel4.com)
- How to Avoid Catching the Brand-New ‘Drug-Resistant Superbugs’ [Guides] (gawker.com)
- Dangerous superbug appears in Vancouver (globaltvbc.com)
- Experts warn new superbug coming from India, Pakistan (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Doctors warn of new superbug gene (boston.com)
- Australia records three superbug cases (news.theage.com.au)
- UK doctors: New superbug gene could spread widely (seattletimes.nwsource.com)